At Howard Psychology we provide an Independent Expert Witness service, and we work within the Legal Aid Agencies rates and guidelines. We provide high quality assessments that are in line with the Ministry of Justice quality standards. At Howard Psychology all of our psycho-legal assessments are completed within competitive timescales.
Howard Psychology regularly undertake independent assessments and write reports for Solicitors, Family Courts, Criminal Courts, High Courts, and Local Authorities, relating to children and parents or other family members, as well as risk of reoffending.
Howard Psychology have prepared more than 160 reports for Family Courts, Criminal Courts, and Local Authorities, and we regularly provide evidence as an expert witness. These reports include the following areas:
- Public Law assessments of adults
- Private Law assessments of adults
- Assessment of parenting
- Assessment of attachment
- Assessment of family dynamics
- Abuse & neglect
- Risk of reoffending
- Forensic risk assessment and management
- Sexual offending risk assessment
- Violent offending risk assessment (including towards children)
- Cognitive assessments – learning difficultly / disability